|What I wore: Boots, Target. Shorts, Korner Kloset (boutique).|
Tank, PacSun. Vest, JCPenney. Earrings, Urban Outfitters.
- The other day I was putting things away in the bathroom, when I caught a whiff of something. It smelled like urine. Dog urine. But I shrugged it off because after all, I was in the bathroom. But I kept smelling it when I was in the living room, and it was driving me insane. So I started sniffing everything - the baseboards, the furniture, the carpet - silently fearing that Yoshi had gone nuts and decided to mark the entire apartment. I sniffed so much I gave myself a headache, but I couldn't figure it out. When Ryan got home, he told me I was a lunatic and that it smelled like fresh laundry. Huh? But we did have clean blankets and towels. And we had an open box of dryer sheets my Aunt bought to help with the laundry. I gave them a whiff and it was the dryer sheets. Apparently "Spring burst" translates to "Pee sprinkles" inside my nostrils.
- I sunburned my hair part last weekend. Now it's peeling and it definitely looks like I have dandruff. Barf.
- Me + 400 meter sprint intervals = Death. But, man, I felt accomplished afterwards. Look out, Ryan, I see a sub-7 minute mile time in my future.
- I lived through my first earthquake this week! I've been on earthquake alert since we moved, and every time one of our neighbors slams their door and the building shakes a little, I perk up, then get disappointed. But this time the shaking was sustained over a few seconds and I thought, "Oh my God, this is real." I googled it right after, just to be sure. Yep, totally a baby earthquake. It was only a 1.8 which, according to Wikipedia, cannot be felt. But Wikipedia is full of it, because I definitely felt it.
- My mom flies in next Tuesday! I'm so excited to see her! It's her first trip to LA and I plan to show her around all of our favorite places and terrify her with my freeway driving skills. And she's going to bake me cookies. I can practically taste them already. I think I'm drooling.
- We bought a watermelon this week. I think I'm just going to break it open and gnaw through an entire half of it in one sitting. Maybe the whole thing. Mmmmm, watermelon, I've missed you.
- Remember these questions? Well, I finally have them all answered (some of those were mind-boggling questions!). Next week I have a full line-up of Q&A posts, including some of my favorite outfit inspirations and the lamest hair tutorial in the entire world. Get pumped!
- Did you know you can put cherry or vanilla syrup in your fountain soda at 7-11?! Why did no one tell me this earlier??
- I'm doing the June Photo-a-day Challenge, so expect some
halfway decentmind-blowingly awesome pictures coming your way soon. I'll probably post a week's worth at a time. You know, just to keep the suspense high.
- Ryan suffered his first Mexican restaurant injury this past weekend. He was stabbed in the roof of his mouth by an angry, rebellious tortilla chip, and it bled like crazy, all over his tongue. And it was disgusting. But don't worry, we escaped with no fatalities (excluding the chip).
- Apparently, we're going on a safari. At least that's what my outfit seems to think. Sorry, outfit, no safaris for you.
- Happy June!