|Deer party in my parents' backyard over Christmas.|
- Let's set the scene: It's Wednesday afternoon. We were too lazy to grocery shop over the weekend, so I had to go solo. As I'm leaving the store, the cart hits a bump and my twelve pack of soda flies out onto the ground, sending all twelve cans rolling across the parking lot and me frantically chasing them.
- To make up for the above folly, I stopped at Starbucks for a latte on the way home. When I got home I parked on the street, loaded an entire week of groceries into my arms (no second trips allowed!) and carried them plus my latte through the apartment complex, up the stairs and into our apartment...and I tipped over the latte as I was setting it down on our kitchen table. It spilled all over. Le sigh...
- I accidentally ripped part of my toenail off. It didn't hurt, which is perplexing, but now my toe looks deformed.
- I'm not sure where I got it from, but for some reason I've been using the word "peeved" a lot lately and Ryan absolutely can not stand it. It bugs the crap out of him every time I say it and I think it's hilarious. In fact, he's probably pretty peeved right now just reading it. Tehehe.
- Remember last fall when I had 345897 cavities filled? When it was all finished, I paid my deductible and the dentist told me our insurance company would process the rest and we'd be receiving a bill in the mail a few weeks later. Weeellll, it never arrived. And in the holiday busy-ness, I forgot to call and ask about it. So when I got a call from the dentist's office yesterday to remind me I was due for a cleaning, I cringed and mentioned that we'd never gotten a bill. I envisioned lots of dollars leaving my wallet soon. But she told me the doctor had waived the remainder on my bill. SAY WHAT?! I think that was the best news a doctor's given me. Ever.
- You guys are awfully nice. Getting back to blogging after being away for a bit has been odd (my brain...it forgets), but I definitely appreciate the warm reception. P.S. Thanks for the compliments on my Christmas/New Year's attire! Both from ASOS - I lurve that website.
- I'm 99% positive I've seen every single episode of Law and Order: SVU. But just in case, I'm embarking on a marathon through the entire series on Netflix. It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.