- With the time delay in Olympic coverage, I've been trying to avoid the internet and TV all stinking week, out of fear that I'll see results. Do you know how hard it is to avoid spoilers on the internet? I think I've accidentally clicked on Yahoo's website a thousand times, then shrieked and covered my eyes while blindly and frantically trying to close the window.
- Mixed up the shampoo and conditioner in the shower one day this week. Hey, there, greasy roots.
- Pala has done it again. I took her for a simple oil change and I walked out $365 poorer after all was said and done. Oh, and her rearview mirror fell off. Spontaneously. That's it, Pala, you're grounded.
- Aly Raisman should have gotten that bronze medal, dang it.
- Approximately one third of Ryan's family is visiting, which means I get to show off my
semi-decentamazing cooking skills. That also means I'm straining my dusty math skills trying to double recipes so there's enough for ten people. Multiplying is hard, yo. But on the plus side, this means someone else cleaned up the kitchen for me (thanks, Leslie and Mary Ann)!
- Did you know that peanut butter + Nutella tastes almost EXACTLY like a Reeses peanut butter cup? My posterior wishes I didn't know this.
- I still can't get enough of our doggies cuddling or playing together. I wake up in the morning, excited because I get to see those big, buggy eyes watching me all day long. And it's a good thing they're so cute or I might be more upset that Dobby hasn't quite mastered the art of pooping outside yet.
- La Brea tar pits and Pixar at the Hollywood Bowl tonight with our guests, woot woot! Let's all cross our fingers that I don't lose my mind in a crowd of children, though.