I know, I know. I'm late to the party. But I've been giving sincere thought to this
"before I turn 26" bucket list and I've been working on it for a LONG time now.
Why 26? Because this can also be known as my
"before we have kids" bucket list, and 26 sounds like an acceptable age, no?
Why 20? Because I ran out of legitimate goals and didn't want to pad my list.
Every single one of these I fully intend to complete. We'll see how many of them turn out!
Bold = Completed.
1. Publish a novel.
2. Run a full marathon (this I hope to do on my 26th birthday!).
3. Take our first trip to Europe.
4. Compete in a fitness competition.
5. Do 30 days fully vegan.
6. Adopt a black pug and name it Dobby.
7. Teach a creative writing class.
8. Get a tattoo (and I know exactly what it'll be).
9. Finish my Masters Degree (and perhaps join the world of employed people?).
10. Go on a completely spontaneous weekend trip.
11. Win some money gambling in Vegas.
12. Wear my wedding dress to the beach for a photo shoot on our 5th wedding anniversary
(which is just after I turn 26...still counts).
13. Photograph a wedding (but not as the primary shooter...
far too much pressure for this amateur).
14. Volunteer for something that takes me far out of my comfort zone.
15. Go skydiving.
16. Finish making our wedding scrapbook before I forget all the little details of the day.
17. Find the perfect creative way to announce when we're expecting our first baby.
18. Fire a gun.
19. Bestow an over-the-top kindness upon a stranger.
20. Have steady (I'd settle for semi-steady) paid work as a writer.
What's on your list?