We've all seen the string art floating around Pinterest.
Well, I FINALLY got around to creating some for myself.
Here's what I did:
1) First, buy a piece of plywood (mine is 1/2 inch thick)
and paint it whatever color makes you happy.
2) Print an 8.5X11 outline of the state of your choice and divide it into sections.
3) Next, take full sheets of 8.5X11 paper and spread them out over your painted plywood.
Using your sectioned off sheet as a guide, draw the big version of your state's outline on
the paper covering your plywood (if you're terrible at drawing and you're way more
tech-saavy than I am, you can just print a giant state outline and put it directly on your board...
I was just too lazy to find out how to print one huge picture over multiple pieces of paper).
4) Hammer finishing nails about 1.5 inches apart all around the outline of your state.
If you live in an apartment complex, make sure you don't make eye contact with your neighbors
for several days after completing this step, because they're going to want to kill you.
5) Tear the paper off, then tie one end of a spool of string/yarn to one of your nails.
6) Then start wrapping. Back and forth and over and across and up and down, over and over.
And, VOILA! Your state is ready to hang on the wall.
That didn't even require a tutorial, right?