Sunday, February 12, 2012

Movies & Milkshakes.












Our weekend, in chronological, photographical order: 
Friday night was family movie night. We wanted to take Yosh for a walk but after an angry-looking grey cloud descended upon us, we abandoned that plan and high-tailed it back to our apartment. Lounging on the couch ensued. Yoshi's so good at this lounging business. 
Saturday was our big, fancy Valentine's date night. We were planning a cheesy movie (The Vow) and milkshakes in Hollywood but when we showed up at the movie theater, we found ourselves at the back of an enormous line. It seems you need to arrive pretty early if you want to get a ticket before they're sold out. Who knew?
We were more successful with the milkshakes (the most important part, anyway). Ryan got a "Miley Cyrus" shake (cookie dough and Reeses) and I got Nutella, Ferrero Rocher and Oreos. I think it's pretty obvious that I have the more refined, fancy-pants taste buds. We saw two limos parked outside Millions of Milkshakes but if they were full of celebrities, their ice-creamy treats must have been delivered to the cars. No celebrity sightings for us. Bummer.
On Sunday, Ryan made us an early lunch of blueberry pancakes (we like them all gooey, with raw batter in the middle. Hello, salmonella!) and then we headed off to get our hike on at a trail in Rancho Palos Verdes. 
It. Was. Beautiful
 Two hours of amazing views. And my glutes are killin' me. 
Our weekend culminated with a 90s one-hit-wonders marathon. Ice ice baby, anyone? Mambo #5? Or, my childhood favorite, Billy Ray Cyrus's "Achy Breaky Heart", though that song's just not the same when I'm not ad-libbing in plastic high heels and a tiara while Dylan stands behind me, ruining my performance by whipping me with a belt.
Psh. Little brothers.

(P.S. If you click on the photos you can enlarge them. Just fyi.)



2 comments:

  1. I love the spot where you went hiking! Have you hiked up to behind the Hollywood Sign? It's a very easy hike w/a nice view at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't hiked behind it...but, of course, we've gone to take pictures in front of it (in true tourist fashion!). We hiked Runyan Canyon once and that was beautiful, too. I have a feeling we have soo many cool places to hike in our future here.

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)