Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Pumpkin puppy and other Halloween goodness.

I'm just going to go on record here saying that your mid-twenties must be the most difficult time to dress for Halloween (first world problems, right?). College is all about throwing on a skirt and a furry pair of ears and calling yourself a sexy "insert-random-creature-here. And once you have a little one, no one cares about your costume as long as your little bundle is dressed as an adorable little pumpkin or  princess, right? But, OH, your mid-twenties - you're expected to be witty and original and current. I mean, it's kinda of a lot of pressure.

This year, after careful thought, I came up with a costume for us that was both extremely hilarious (my horn? I'm tooting it here) AND required no purchases whatsoever (cha-ching!). Yes, the sweater, earrings and velvet pants all came out of my closet, and yes, I honestly do wear them. But never together. Never.

So, my friends, BEHOLD: Us, as the "awkward family photo". It's okay if you want to print your own copy to hang above your mantle. I totally wouldn't blame you.









And because the above photos are too much creepy for one post, I leave you with the more adorable half of our family Halloween. Just look at those squeezable faces!




4 comments:

  1. Omygosh too funny!! Great idea. Love the pups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a BRILLIANT Halloween costume! I was laughing so hard, especially at the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic costume idea!!! Great picture of the pups too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these pictures are hilariously excellent!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)