Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Emptying the cabinets" soup.


Let me tell you the story behind this recipe. Yesterday was a brisk, beautiful fall day and all afternoon I was pumped to cook Poppy seed {faux} chicken for dinner. At 5 o'clock I made my way into the kitchen only to discover we had no Ritz crackers. Boooo. But I was craving some hot, homecooked deliciousness, so I investigated what we had lurking in our cabinets and this is what I came up with.
Plus, this is the perfect way to remind you guys that this Sunday is round dos of the Crockpot Recipe Link-up with Jessah and Jane. So get yo recipes ready to share because I'm planning to survive on soup alllllll fall long :)

Ingredients:
1/2 pkg Soyrizo 
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 can (15 oz) chili beans
1 can (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 can (14.5 oz) vegetable broth
1 cup Imagine No-chicken broth
28 oz. diced tomatoes
1 cup rice
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/4 large onion, chopped
1 Tbsp brown sugar
15 shakes creole 
12 shakes black pepper
12 shakes garlic salt
2 Bay leaves

Prep:
Toss it all into one big pot and cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove bay leaves then eat up!

Serves 10 at about 145 calories per 1 cup serving. 

4 comments:

  1. umm.. YUM!

    i just realized this past weekend that my crockpot BROKE! i went to use it and was all "hey babe, where's the dish for inside?" "umm.. remember when you let the dogs clean it out? yeah.. it's broken"

    DRATS...

    bed bath and beyond, here i come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um this is right up my alley - I do this all the time. I love how it is never the same, but still warms my heart every time!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)