Friday, September 28, 2012

The week in rants, raves and randoms.
























Rants:
  • Wednesday, in a state of pizza-craving desperation, I made a deal with Ryan to clean the ENTIRE apartment if he would pick up Dominos on the way home. As a woman of my word I spent all afternoon yesterday scouring this place from top to bottom. It was mildly disgusting (ugh, toilets and dog hair) but, hey...anything for pizza.
  • The top of my stupid right foot has been aching like crazy. Get it together, body, you're only 23 years down and many more to go. 
  • I found one of those silverfish bugs inside a clean bowl the other morning. Unfortunately, I found it after I'd already poured my oatmeal on top of it and its frantic wriggling almost made me pee my pants in fright. It was reminiscent of the time I found a cockroach in jeans after I'd been wearing them for almost an hour. Shudder. 

Raves:
  • Just look at those posh puppies. They put up with so much torture from me. But don't they look like one of those old, serious professional portraits? When we adopted each of them, their names were "Duke" and "Miss Winston"...so fitting. 
  • Did you know you're supposed to floss after you brush but before you rinse your mouth out, that way you pull toothpaste into the space between your teeth? Mind blown. And my teeth are feeling so fresh and so clean, clean. 
  • Lavender spray is phenomenal on my bedsheets. Ahhh, relaxation at its finest.

Randoms:
  • Bleh. I need a massage. 

13 comments:

  1. and I read about the bug as I eat my oatmeal...

    I NEED A MASSAGE TOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh a silverfish in your oatmeal! Those things are freaky. The pups are absolutely adorable. I need a massage too. Have a great weekend! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the longest time I have wondered if you should floss before or after brushing so thanks for clearing that up for me! Thankfully I have been doing it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ALWAYS wondered in what order to floss/brush/use mouthwash!!

    Also, yuck bug. I found a centipede-y thing in our house last night. Luckily it was just on the wall near our door, but still. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is a silverfish bug??!! I would faint if I found a cockroach in my clothing. Or die

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahah I love this!!! That picture is so great!

    Just found your cute blog through the big giveaway! I am your newest follower. Would love for you to stop by and follow along if you'd like :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silverfish are so yucky!! we have them here in Nashville when it's humid during the summer! I haven't yet had them in my oatmeal, but I can only imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duke and Miss Winston are definitely chic! My mind is definitely blown about the toothpaste/flossing thing...It's the middle of the day and I MIGHT just have to go try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an absolutely darling picture- omg i'm dying right now! :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Duke and Miss Winston are very posh indeed! Love those little cuties!
    And I am going to try out that deep teeth cleaning method tonight!
    xx
    Here&Now

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pups look so freakin cute...it's ridiculous! I want to kiss them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. those pups are too cute.

    and umm you just blew my mind with that floss/brush tip. whoa.

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)