Sunday, September 9, 2012

Crock-Pot Recipe Link-up: Skinny Lasagna Soup.

Fall puts me in a cooking mood like no other season.
That's why I was so excited that Jessah from Dreaming of Dimples
invited me to host a Crock-pot Recipe Exchange
with her and Jane from In the Pink and Green,
just in time for the arrival of Autumn.
Link-up with your favorite warm, cozy, delicious crock-pot recipe
(and I'll love you extra if you introduce me to a new vegetarian or vegan meal)!
There will be a link-up the second Sunday of each month from September through March,
so if you're still clinging on to summer, don't fret.
You can grab the button and link-up again next month!

Skinny Lasagna Soup



Ingredients:
1 pkg Boca crumbled "burger" 
4 links vegetarian "sausage", crumbled
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
32 oz. Imagine No-Chicken broth
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (14 1/2 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 oz broken lasagna noodles (about 4 noodles)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese


Prep:
Toss all the ingredients (except basil, parmesan and mozzarella) into a crock-pot and mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours (or on high for 2 hours, though I haven't personally tested that method). Turn heat off and stir in mozzarella, basil and parmesan). Enjoy! 


Please link-up and share your recipes! I can't live on ice cream all winter long.
Well, I probably could, but you know what I mean...

 


4 comments:

  1. Oh no! Sorry, I linked up the wrong recipe. :(

    Next time I'll make sure to link up my crock pot recipe.

    -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I definitely have to try this. But I do have a question..I don't think I've ever heard of vegetarian sausage. What is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous. I am going to link up next time!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)