Thursday, August 9, 2012

5Ks and stingrays and tar pits...oh my!

5Ks and stingrays and tar pits and nine of us traipsing around Los Angeles. 
This past week some of Ryan's family has been visiting and we've been allllll over the place. 
We made it to the La Brea tar pits, where the smelly, bubbling tar was interesting but perhaps a bit anti-climatic, and to the premiere of Pixar in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl (our first time there). The Hollywood Bowl was seriously impressive but I may or may not have fallen asleep during the concert. In my defense, it was past my bedtime. 
We drove to Long Beach crazy early Saturday morning and watched Ryan's sister, Leslie, and her boyfriend, Rob, run a 5K on the beach. They got some medals and I got a big, delicious coffee from one of my favorite coffee shops - a win-win for all involved. 
We spent Sunday afternoon at the Cabrillo Marine aquarium, where this funny stingray 
danced against the glass in front of us for a solid three minutes. I'm pretty sure 
he was taunting Ryan, saying (in Stingray language, of course), 
"You'll never get this, you'll never get this." (Borat, anyone?)
It was a wonderful visit. Can't wait to see them all again at Christmastime! 

11 comments:

  1. I've lived in la for 10 years, and just went to the tar pits for the first time!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like tons of fun was had by all!! Pixar concert would probably be awesome, but I could imagine falling asleep rather quickly myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lived in Orange County my whole life and have never been to the Brea Tar pits! It's something I really need to do before we move! Cabrillo too! They came to my school (CSULB) and gave us Education students a little seminar and we got to dissect a squid! I at least owe them a visit. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This undoubtedly looks like a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have always wanted to go there...sounds like fun..looks like you had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe it or not, I've never been to the tar pits and I've lived here all my life! Just never sounded like something I'd be interested in! But I do love aquariums :) yay for family time

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. seriously, I love the Tar Pits. I go crazy for that museum! And I have yet to go to the Hollywood bowl - horrible, I know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "They got some medals and I got a big, delicious coffee from one of my favorite coffee shops - a win-win for all involved."

    -Hahaha I love the way you write.

    And what a fun way to spend your summer!!

    Nicole
    http://settleinn.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Coleandco

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just want to say...your hair is amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove the pics. Looking great.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)