Friday, May 25, 2012

The week in rants, raves and randoms.

Looking like a vertically challenged bag lady beside my tall cousins. 


Working it out at Muscle Beach. 

My favorite Aunt. We could be sisters, right? (Sucking up.)

Rants:
  • Definitely got yelled at by our apartment manager for not "supervising my guests" at the jacuzzi yesterday. Really? Supervise my adult guests? Excuse me. Perhaps next time I'll remember to keep them on one of those child leashes attached to my belt. 
  • To punish us for leaving him home all day while we went sight-seeing, Yoshi left us a special present on the apartment floor. Thanks, Yoshman, it's just what I've always wanted. 
  • The outlet in the kitchen that is hooked up to our garbage disposal broke last weekend, right after I'd dumped some rotten evaporated milk down the drain. Lovely, yes? So for a few days we survived with a clogged drain that smelled like death. Finally, we couldn't stand waiting for the maintenance man any longer. Ryan put on his handyman hat and started dissecting the outlet, while I stood nearby a safe distance back, with the camera pressed up to my face, giving helpful advice like, "Hey, don't electrocute yourself". And he fixed it. This is why I like him. 

Raves:
  • A visit from my most favoritest Aunt Lala ("Laura" is just so darn difficult to pronounce when you're little) and fam. I know you're thinking the reason we keep getting visitors is because we live in a tourist location, but you're wrong. It's our shining personalities that keep attracting people here. 
  • Millions of Milkshakes. Nutella and cookie dough. In muh bellay.
  • Typically I fear department stores. They're huge and require that you search for 93487 hours if you hope to find the outfits you're looking for, but this week I discovered Marshalls. If you've ever been, you know what I'm raving about. Helloooo hundreds of good deals on clothes I need (need, I'm telling you, NEED). 
  • I finally convinced Ryan that he can pull off wearing a tank. So now he's a real Southern Californian. We're going to blend right in.
  • It's almost corn on the cob season and I love corn on the cob almost as much as I love ice cream. I'd better start loading up on dental floss in preparation. 

Randoms:
  • Threedayweekendthreedayweekendthreedayweekend. I hope yours rocks, too!

26 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I've never been to Millions of Milkshakes but sounds like I need to get on that! Also, gotta love finding good deals at Marshall's (you should also try TJ Maxx!) Enjoy your weekend lady!!! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these posts haha, they are so fun to read. :) How funny that you've finally got Ryan wearing tank tops- I've just convinced J that he can wear v-necks and still be masculine… oh, men, so fashion-challenged :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were in Cali last December and we saw the Worlds Smallest Front Yard. So funny. I wish I could live in California... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tank top definitely seals it!! My husband is originally from Orange County since having relocated with me up here in Santa Cruz, has pulled out the tanks on several occasions..it's not been necessarily "well-received", but he loves 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After years of thinking Nutella was gross - finally bit the bullet and tried it. HEAVEN

    Marshall's is a store where I can always find something(s) but I have no patience for going through 100's of blouses to find 1!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm I hit up Marshall's this week and got 4 shirts, Bed Head shampoo & conditioner, a bra, the huz a shirt, a bathing suit, and a dress for $107! I love Marshall's! And corn on the cobb is our specialtly during the summer! LOVE it. I'm actually growing some in my garden so I don't have to go to the store when I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very stylish vertically challenged bag lady! And that tank and feather earrings-looks literally like something out of my own closet. Ahh your style is the greatest!

    Also Nutella + anything = the best thing of all time. No exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Marshall's too, good find! Also, I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ca-UTE blue tank and feathery earrings!!
    xo, Kathryn Laine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marshall's is the absolute best! And of course you NEED everything you leave there with because the prices are amazing!
    Have a great long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha that is too funny about your drain! I'm glad it didn't happen at my house, but at least he was able to fix it!


    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so crazy, the same thing happened with our garbage disposal except it was doodle's formula down the drain which I'm sure smelled about the same as the rotten milk! Hope you have a good weekend :)
    Brooke @ what2wear, monikabrooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first rant made me laugh! That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that picture of you and your sister---oh I mean aunt. Have a great memorial day weekend!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a Marshalls, but I don't go that often because it's on the other side of town, BUT we have a Ross and TJ Maxx and it's pretty much the same concept...so I'm hitting up clothes and shoes that I NEED too!

    If I ever get visit Southern California...I definitely want Muscle Beach to be on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look so, so cute!i love rant # 1...i feel like that happens all the time & i don't understand it! also the millions of milkshakes, nutella, cookie dough....uh, DREAM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. nuetalla+cookie dough?! what a fantastic combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hilarious - supervising your guests! lol sorry for partying i guess??

    ps - marshalls rocks my world.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marshalls is the best, so with you on that! Love the pictures! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos. And great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. p.s. just letting you know, I nominated you for the sunshine award on my blog!

    A Southern Drawl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, such a cool post! Amazing weather! :D I found your blog from another blog and really liked it, would you like to follow each other thru GFC and BLOGLOVIN? <3

    Have a wonderful week,
    Andrea*
    andrea-poof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks so fun!! i wish i lived close to a beach, that would be awesome. :)

    andrea brionne @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just stumbled across your blog while on A Southern Drawl and I LOVE your blog!

    Would love the follow back:) Enter my giveaway for a Nordstrom and Starbucks gift card!

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  26. Some people need to lighten up, a party is a party. I laughed about the leash comment you wrote ;)
    Also I have a giveaway in my blog check it out.
    M

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)