|I finally got my pretty new lavender nail polish! My fingers are so lady-like now.|
|I mended a hole in Ryan's jeans. It's almost like I'm a real, legitimate housewife. Except I don't clean.|
- It's been so warm lately that we've been leaving our windows open at night (because our apartment lacks AC...which is still a strange concept for this former Missourian to grasp). And we've discovered that our apartment complex smells like farts at night. Ryan thinks it's due to the lagoon nearby, and that maybe the shifting wind at night puts us in its direct, smelly path. I think it's skunks: when I was driving home, I saw an animal dart across the street in front of me. At first it looked like a squirrel with a seriously large tail but upon closer examination, I saw it was black and white striped. What's a skunk doing in the middle of a city?! Silly skunk.
- Wednesday I went to pick up some Dominos for dinner. When I arrived, they said they had no order for me. Guess what? I ordered from the wrong Dominos. Face-palm. I then proceeded to drive across town to retrieve my pizzas. (But they were still totally worth it.)
- I've got a 5K coming up. On Sunday. Like the day that comes after tomorrow. And I haven't run in weeks. This should be...interesting.
- This week, I went into Target for some toiletries and dog food. $115 and one sweet pair of shoes later, I made it back home. How does this happen?
- When I wrote Novel #2, I wrote it in the "notebook layout" of Microsoft Word. You can't indent in that layout. So now, I have to go through every single page and indent each paragraph one by one. But on a positive note, I've completely finished revising the second draft! I've given it to a few wonderful people already, but I'm hoping for all the feedback I can get. If you'd like to edit/critique/read-and-laugh-at my novel, shoot me an email!
- Ryan kicked butt giving a big, important presentation yesterday at work. He showed me some of the things he presented, and I thought the schematic looked like a map of a school building with giant toes inside. And THAT is why I'm not an engineer.
- The smells of summer: fresh cut grass, the salty ocean breeze and coconut suntan lotion. Ahhh.
- Yesterday I had my very, very last face procedure done (for the whole story, check this out). I had a chemical peel done, which only took about 15 minutes and should help reduce some of the marks on my face that acne has left behind. The entire treatment is supposed to keep working for several weeks still, so if you're lucky, I'll post some before and after photos in a month or so.
- Today is my second husband's birthday. I know what you're thinking...second husband? But he's Ryan's best friend. And he proposed to me first, when we were in high school, so it's okay. Happy Birthday, Alex!
- I got the 25 cent dryer EVERY time I did a load of laundry this week. Apparently, other people don't do their laundry at 8:30 in the morning. I think I found my new favorite laundry time.
- A day in the life of our nonsensical text message conversations:
Ryan: I like literally ate a hot dog...
Andrea: Umm, why are you eating dogs?
R: You mean you had lunch
A: Ima punch you.
R: I want my bangs back!
A: That's it. I'm not letting you back into the apartment tonight.
R: What about that awkward moment when we make eye contact through the windows?
A: I did your laundry this morning, but I'm thinking about hiding all of your clean underwear now.
R: Don't do it...
A: I'm doing it, brah.
R: U better not bree...
A: Bring me presents, or the grundies die.