Friday, February 24, 2012

The week in rants, raves and randoms.


Rants:
  • Obviously my face belongs in the rants this week. But I will say that today, it’s less painful and more dry and itchy, which I suppose is an improvement.
  • Still no word on the status of my grad school applications. Technically, I’m not expecting to receive a yes or no answer until mid-March but I’m getting so anxious. Please, Universities, just tell me already!
Raves:
  • This week I hit the 60,000 word mark on my second novel. I’m pretty optimistic about sending it to agents once I’m finished, as it sounds brilliant (to me) as I’ve been writing. Let’s just hope it sounds equally as good when I edit it in a few months.
  • My new trouser jeans arrived in the mail yesterday. And they fit perfectly. That never happens.
  • Girls on the Run starts next week and my first day of coaching is Thursday. I’m so excited to get involved in our new community and to be working with such an awesome program. (Note to self: make sure to commit to weekly beach runs with Ryan so I don’t disappoint at the 5K in May)
  • Two words: cheap produce. Fruits and veggies are so much cheaper here than in Missouri; it blows my mind.
  • Cheesy zucchini and rice casserole for dinner tonight, holla! (Recipe below)
Randoms:
  • Lent has begun, which means no meat on Fridays. I’ve been a vegetarian for almost two years now but during Lent I seem to suffer from brain-farts where I’ll forget it’s a Friday and think, “Crap! I forgot! Have I eaten meat?!”. Then I’m like, “No, brain, you don’t eat meat ever. Calm down.” Silly brain.


Have a happy weekend! We’re pumped to spend our Saturday (my first day out of reclusion!) exploring with our visitors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)