Friday, February 3, 2012

The week in rants and raves.

Rants:
- In case you hadn't noticed, I'm still trying to create a blog design I'm pleased with. Please, ignore me as I change various aspects of the site over and over again in frustration. My apologies!
- My stupid car didn't pass her smog check and thus she hasn't yet been registered with the state of California. Boo. Will update regarding Pala's registration status at a later date; it's just too much ranting for one post.
- There are no Reeses hearts in my kitchen cabinet. This makes me sad.

Raves:
- Everyone here is so nice! I think I had the expectation that people would be unfriendly or unwelcoming or would somehow sniff out our Mid-westernness and shun us. Not true! I think this may be because...
-...the weather is INCREDIBLE. It's beautiful and it smells like ocean breezes all the time. How could someone not be in a good mood here?
- We switched to a different car insurance company and we're saving $500 per year! We're still paying twice what our premium was in Missouri...but...500 dollas! Our new insurance company should put me in a commercial!
- Our first electric bill came in the mail. Sweet! (Before we moved, I did some research and came up with a detailed list of our anticipated expenses in California. So far, I've done an excellent job guesstimating how much things would cost us. I can't wait until we have a full month of "normal" expenses to compare to my budget!) I know, I'm a freak.
- Ryan's getting into the swing of things at work and I've gotten into a good routine writing a few hours each day. Progress! Yay!

Have a lovely weekend! I know we will.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)