I've gotten a lot of sweet compliments on this mangy mane of mine. (Thank you!)
You asked what products I use and how I style my hair, so here it is:
All you could ever hope to know about my less-than-exciting hair life.
Before: This is my hair upon awakening. I mostly shower at night
because I despise using a blow-dryer. Shampoo and conditioner: Matrix Sleek Look.
Leave-in conditioner: Garnier Fructis.
(note: My brain takes a bit to warm up in the morning. After some practice, I figured out how to look into the camera lens in the mirror.)
1. After spraying with Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer spray,
I divide my hair into thirds, then clip the top and middle sections to the top of my head.
2. I curl the bottom section first, wrapping chunks of hair around a 1 1/2 inch curling iron and holding it for 10ish seconds. (I don't use the little clamp thing on the curling iron, though,
I just wrap my hair around the closed barrel and hold the ends.
3. Bottom layer is curled! Hooray!
4. I take a second clip and secure the bottom section of my hair.
5. I let down the middle section of my hair, then re-clip the top section to the top of my head.
It's a very flattering look, right? And then I curl the middle section.
6. Middle layer all finished!
7. Next, I clip the bottom and middle sections together...
8. ...and then I release the top layer. And then I'm done.
Just kidding. I curl that section, too.
9. Top layer = all done!
10. I unclip the first two sections and shake things up a bit to loosen the curls.
11. Just a little spritz of whatever hairspray was on sale.
12. And a tiny squirt of John Frieda Collection Sheer Blonde dream creme
on the frizzies at the front of my hair.