Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Polka dots, stripes & 11 questions answered.



What I wore: Top, Victoria's Secret. Shorts, Express. Necklace, purchased at a fair. Shoes, gift. 
Last week, Emily from Nation's Nest tagged me in a post asking these 11 questions.
Asked and answered!

1. What is a typical day like for you?
Wake up. Eat. Write. Eat again. Write some more. Get distracted. Write more. Workout. Eat. 
Hang with Ryan and Yoshi. Eat ice cream. Sleep. 
My days are riveting. Riveting, I tell you! 

2. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Grapefruit, Fiber One and coffee. Every. day. I'm weird like that. 

3. What is your dream car?
A Volkswagen Jetta! In high school, I would have loved to drive a VW Bug. 
Hooray for German engineering! 

4. Are you a spender or a saver?
Spender. But Ryan's a saver and he's helped me scale back. Plus, I love challenges so seeing how much we can save each month strikes me as a fun game.

5. What are your top 3 favorite singers/bands?
Senses Fail, Blink 182 and Eminem. 

6. What is the color you wear most?
Hmmm...probably blue?

7. If you were on a deserted island, 
what 3 things would you have to have?
Ice cream. Television. Ryan (does he count as a thing?). And I would have Ryan sneak Yoshi onto the island, too, because we're rule breakers like that. 

8. What is your favorite perfume?
I hardly ever wear perfume. Mostly, I just put on a bit of cupcake scented lotion. 

9. Flats or heels?
Heels, hands down. My 5 foot, 2 inch frame needs all the help it can get.

10. Beach or mountains?
Words can't describe how much I love the beach.

11. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I started blogging after we moved as a way to share our new California life with our family and friends in Missouri, but I've been totally thrilled (and surprised) with the friends and connections I've made so far, in just my first few months of blogging. And as an aspiring author, I love sharing my writing with any audience willing to read it! So...thanks for reading! :)

32 comments:

  1. i eat the same thing for breakfast every.single.day too coffee, yogurt and berries. and i love it. and i love that outfit you are wearing totally racking the two patterns

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute! and your hair is beautiful! LOVE IT! Guess what? I would like to do jury duty to. For some reason I think a day of it would be really fun to! I like your blog! I will be checking back at it again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would have ice cream, maybe chris, and sharks on the island too :) sharks and his life vest of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though you are a rebellious rule breaker sneaking pugs on deserted islands, thanks for answering the questions! :)

    And I love the polka dot shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those shorts!! Seem perfect for Summer :) You have great style.

    mckenzieadelaide.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so great and those shorts are super cute! I'm glad I've come across your blog! :) I mean when finding a fellow Californian writer there's no way I couldn't follow. Plus plus! I really love senses fail (and it's hard to find someone that's heard of them) blink-182 and eminem as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those polka dot shorts are so cute! I'm the same way in that I eat the same thing for breakfast every single day. And I never get sick of it :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved this! and love your outfit (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your outfit! I like your typical day too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I eat the same exact thing for breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i didnt realize you were petite, too! or maybe i did and i forgot? i totally eat the same thing for breakfast. oatmeal. it keeps me full for a good 6 hours, what more could i ask for (i have a biiiiigggggg bowl)
    amber Easy Petite Looks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Yours is so cute and I'm your newest follower. I'd love to have you follow mine too!

    Diana
    www.picturesand1000words.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the outfit! I have the same breakfast routine as well!! And yes(!) to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute look! Those shorts are so lovely! I adore the question/answer session, we may need to do one of those!

    Sarah & Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comment ... I LOVE yours! seriously, great design and your posts are great.

    I am a new follower.

    I, too, am an aspiring writer, and my issue is actually sitting down to write, seems you have no problem doing that! Can't wait to read more!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Senses Fail and Blink 182, you have just won me over <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those shorts! And Blink 182? Best.band.ever. LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i mostly love that your dream car is a jetta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. hehe, your/my dream car is so similar! I drive a 15-year old VW Cabrio, and husband asked me the other day what my absolute, win-the-lottery, no-holds-barred car would be. My response? "the newer version of my car...?". haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness- how adorable are you!?!

    Just wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my little blog-- I am following you back!

    Can't wait to check out your older posts :)

    kendall
    songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is so adorable! Thank you for the sweet comments and I agree, you do need one of those bags! I'm a new follower :)
    Brooke @ what2wear, Monikabrooke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOO cute!! Love your blog girl!! Can't wait to start following you!
    xo, Jessica
    Fanciful

    ReplyDelete
  23. cuteness!

    yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, how cute are you!! I just found your blog on Valerie's blog, Along the Way... Love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, how cute are you!! I just found your blog on Valerie's blog, Along the Way... Love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are too adorable! Following you on bloglovin now!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. German cars are the best! I drive a green bug and it is my baby! I love your blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  28. German cars are the best! I drive a green bug and it is my baby! I love your blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete

This is the part where you tell the pups how cute they are.
...but seriously, thank you so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment! I read them all and try to respond as often as I can. We hope you visit again soon :)